Plank Road and the Two Way Street Coffee House co-sponsor Barn Dances four times a year,
8 PM at the Two Way Street Coffee House.
Reels, squares, line dances and waltzes provide a fun-filled evening of music and dancing for the entire family. The Plank Road String Band provides lively music, and a caller walks you through all the dances — no experience necessary! See the Calendar
section for more information and barn dance dates.
In addition to all our regularly scheduled events, Plank Road participates in a number of special events
throughout the year, including:
- Downers Grove’s annual Rotary GroveFest – June.
- Lombard Annual Civil War Reenactment — July.
- Fox Valley Folk Music and Storytelling Festival — September.
- Danada Fall Festival — October.
Other members-only activities include:
- Plank Road Annual Meeting and musical jam, complete with refreshments and a roaring fire.
- Annual Holiday Party Songfest, including caroling in downtown Downers Grove, followed by a sing-around and holiday treats.
- Occasional “Music By The Yard” sing-arounds hosted by individual members.